Membership in CHES is an investment in your career and the future of health service in Canada.
The benefits and rewards of membership are immediate, the connection to a growing resource community instantaneous. Nowhere else in Canada will you get these benefits:
Networking & Member Services
- Networking opportunities that provide real-life solutions to everyday problems
- Membership in a professional Community of Practice aimed at raising the bar on healthcare facility management
- Expert advice from peers on codes and standards
- Professional advancement within all facets of healthcare facilities management
- Online Forum
- Bursaries/Scholarship Programme
- National Awards Programme
- Enrichment of your knowledge and skills through timely educational programs, manuals, and technical documents
- Complimentary subscription to the Canadian Healthcare Facilities Journal
- Recognition by peers as a valuable and knowledgeable contributor to effective healthcare delivery
- National and Regional conferences featuring educational sessions, keynote speakers, and trade show component
- Opportunity to contribute Best Practices to your professional community
- Ongoing skills development and mentoring opportunities
- Student programme
- Access online from the CHES website to a pre-determined set of 15 CSA codes **
- Access online to Operations and Maintenance Benchmarks for Health Care Facilities Report **
- Online Document Archive
- Employment postings
- Representation and participation in advocacy efforts focused on improving codes, standards, and regulations
- "National Healthcare Facilities Engineering Week"
CHES also has Associate Memberships for Consulting Engineers, Healthcare Consultants and Manufacturers, and Project Engineers.
Your role is to meet the needs of your internal customers' and make sure the necessary resources are available to manage the environment of care.
** Must be logged on with User Name & Password to access this information.
Members tell it like it is ...
"I have found that after attending many different conferences over the years on building management, better buildings, energy conservation, etc. that CHES most closely fits the niche for someone working directly in the management of healthcare facilities. CHES has a vast array of members from across the country who are only a phone call away. The access to information and other facilities' experiences that I am able to draw upon, has been a huge help in our own planning and maintenance of our facilities. The yearly national conference is the highlight, with information sessions, speakers with outstanding expertise, a tradeshow with a Green Park, and best of all an opportunity to meet longtime friends and network with facility managers and industry partners."
Reynold J. Peters
Manager, Construction/Energy Savings, South Eastern Health/Santé Sud-Est Inc., Steinbach, Manitoba
If you are in any way involved with healthcare facilities, their infrastructure or equipment, you should be involved in CHES. CHES is comprised of industry professionals from across Canada representing every facet of healthcare management, providing you with access to a wide range of industry expertise. It provides the mechanisms to keep you informed on the ever-changing codes and standards that regulate our industry. CHES members contribute to, and work with regulatory bodies in writing and implementing those same codes and standards. CHES members problem solve through network connections.
Peter E. Whiteman
Manager, Energy Centre's RQHR, Regina Saskatchewan