Certificates will be handed out at the end of each course. The certificate is valid for 3 years from the date it is issued, after which it expires. Proof of 15 contact hours in approved programs is required to renew the Certificate. The required hours can be obtained any time within the 3-year period. Renewal of the certificate will be through the Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society.
Renewal of Certificate
1. Completed renewal form
2. Payment of $100 renewal fee
3. Submission of proof that the 15.0 contact hours (1.5 CEUs) of approved courses have
• List courses/conferences and state the number of contact hours
• Include a certificate of attendance for each course/conference
• Courses not on the list of approved courses that are submitted for consideration
should include the name and content of the course along with the sponsoring
organization, faculty credentials, and url.
Course options to claim 15 contact hours:
1. Attendance at annual CHES National Tradeshow & Education Forum
2. Attendance at CHES Provincial Chapter Tradeshows or Education Days
3. American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) Construction Certificate Course
4. Attendance at ASHE Annual Technical Conference
5. Attendance at ASHE International Conference for Planning, Design and Construction of
6. Any Canadian Standards Association Healthcare Construction-related course
7. Other healthcare facilities management or construction-related courses or conference
may be submitted for consideration, in advance of attending the event.
Courses under consideration should include the name and content of the course
along with the sponsoring organization, faculty credentials, and url.
8. Canadian Healthcare Construction Course.
Please submit completed form with payment and contact hours as outlined above to:
CHES Construction Course Renewal
4 Cataraqui Street, Suite 310
Kingston ON K7K 1Z7